Call for Art Submissions
DEADLINE: April 8, 2013
5th Annual SHOUT! Exhibit
Wednesday, May 9
San Francisco Women’s Building
Swords to Plowshares is hosting the 5th Annual SHOUT! Art by Women Veterans. Previous events featured the artwork of many women veteran artists, and hundreds of community supporters attended and shared in their artistic expression.
This year we will feature multiple pieces by artists whose work illustrate the experience of women in the military, transition and separation, and give voice to women veterans and service members. The following will be considered:
- Multimedia Art
- Clips from Documentaries, Short Films
- Creative Writing: Essays, Poems, Prose
Eligibility and Submission Requirements
- Must be a female veteran
- Attach an artist statement and a short biography
- Submit photo of artwork, a JPEG file, or a PDF no later than April 8, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Guidelines (if selected)
- Submit a high-resolution (300 dpi minimum) photo of yourself for the website and program.
- All artwork must be identified with the artist’s name, address, email and phone number clearly printed on a label attached to each piece.
- Delivery and pickup of artwork will be the sole responsibility of the artist. Artwork that has been selected will need to be delivered to the venue between 12 – 3 pm the day of the event and the work must be framed and ready to hang or display. (Waivers may be awarded to out-of-town artists and to provide reasonable accommodation to disabled artists)
Early submission is encouraged. Space is limited.
- The artwork is your own and does not infringe on anyone’s copyright or ownership.
- The artist shall assume all risks and hazards incidental to any participation in the 5th Annual SHOUT! Art by Women Veterans hosted by Swords to Plowshares.
- Art may be offered for sale by the artist. All exchanges are the sole responsibility of the artist.
Questions: Star Lara, email@example.com, (415) 655-7252
Complete this Registration Form and submit no later than April 8, 2013 for consideration: Go to website Swords to Plougshares site to fill out form.