Events Schedule for Sankofa Sunday
February 10, Noon–7pm
War Memorial Veterans Building
- Noon-1:30 pm Reception Rm 223
- Noon-5:00 pm Art exhibit Rm 223
- 12:30-2:30 pm “Red Tails” movie screening Rm 219
- 2:30-3:00 pm QI Gong: Marcus Gary Rm 219
- 3:15- 3:35 pm, Rm 223, Passing of Colors: Commander John Caldera; National Anthem: Vivian Cairo U.S. Army Veteran; Pledge of Allegiance: John Caldera; Invocation: Chief Luisah Teish; Welcome & Introductions to M.C.: John Caldera
- 3:35- 3:55 pm, Rm 223, Tuskegee Airmen Speakers: Lt. Colonel James C. Warren and the Lee A. Archer, Jr. Tuskegee Airmen
- 3:55-4:15 pm, Rm 223, Speakers of Mind, Body, and Spirit Healing: Bea Williams & Michelle Herrera, Ph.D.
- 4:10-4:30 pm, Rm 223, Speakers: Eddie Ramirez, M.P.A. Benefits for Minority Veterans; Ellison Horne, Conscientious Objector; Dottie Guy, Army National Guard Veteran; Raymond Banks, Outreach at U.C. Berkeley
- 4:30-4:45 pm, Rm 223, QI Gong: Marcus Gary, B.A, M.S.
- 4:45-5:05 pm, Rm 223, Health and Healing—African American Women and Men in the Community Veterans and non-Veterans: Dr. Katrina Peters, M.D.M.P.H., Catherine Waters, R.N., Ph.D., Omolade Rosalyn Roddy, MFT, Latonia M. Dixon, R.N., M.A., M.F.A.
- 5:05-5:25 pm, Rm 223, History of the Buffalo Soldier: Honorary Guest Anthony L. Powell & The Los Banos Buffalo Soldiers 9th&10th Cavalry Association
- 5:25-5:30 pm, Rm 223, Keep Your Eyes on the Prize: Francis Collins
- 5:30-5:40 pm, Rm 223, Veterans Benefits: The Honorable Congresswoman Barbara Lee
- 6:15-6:30 pm, Rm 223, Awards Ceremony and Dinner: “Phenomenal Woman” Dance Performance by Arisika Razak
- 5:45-7:00 pm, Rm 223, SANKOFA SUNDAY AWARD HONOREES: Honorable Congresswoman Barbara Lee, Gwen Strain, Lt. Colonel James C. Warren
A $25 donation is suggested to benefit the Veterans community sponsored event.
Checks accepted on day of the event . Make checks out to Veterans For Peace, Chapter 69